Candles - Uniting Your Families
1. The unity candle ceremony will represent the union of two families. A family member from each side may light the taper during the processional. After the exchanging of the vows, the bride and groom pick up each lit taper and light the unity candle. This symbolizes the joining of their individual lives into marriage.
2. Once the unity candle is lit it will be up to the couples to decide whether to snuff out the tapers and just leave the unity candle burning alone.
3. Most couples choose to perform the unity candle ceremony after the reciting of the vows but it is really up to the couple to decide when to light the unity candle.
4. Music may be played during the unity candle cermony. Or the wedding officiant may recite something during the unity candle ceremony.
5. To honor a loved one who has passed you may elect to also have a memorial candle. This memorial candle may be lit by the bride or groom prior to lighting the unity candle.
2008 Cathy's Express. All rights reserved.